WHY colonic irrigation?
Diseases and functional disturbances of the digestive organs are the most frequently complained about problems today. The health of most organs as well as our overall well-being depends upon how well our bowel (intestine) functions. A change in diet after many years of wrong eating habits does not assure optimal colon health.
Consider these current Medical Facts:
- Over 400 million dollars are spent annually on laxatives in the U.S.A..
- Over 70 million Americans suffer from bowel problems.
- 100,000 people undergo colostomies each year in the U.S.A..
- Worms outrank cancer as man's deadliest enemy in a worldwide basis!
- Colon cancer is the second leading cancer killer in the U.S.A..
- Over 100,000 Americans die annually due to this disease.
These facts demonstrate that the medical profession recognizes the important part which the colon plays in health and disease. In all sickness, the status of the bowel is inquired into as a matter of routine and a laxative or enema prescribed when indicated.
Research has shown that regular use of refined carbohydrates and lack of fiber in the diet increases the transit time of bowel wastes and stimulate putrefaction in the colon. Both of these factors have been linked to constipation and certain bowel disease such as: Diverticulitis, colitis and colon cancer which has a high success rate for cure with surgical management when detected early. The American Cancer Society has provided evidence in recent years which suggests that bowel cancer is caused by environmental agents such as: pesticides and herbicides sprayed on crops, hormones and antibiotics fed to animals and carcinogenic agents in the air we breathe. Periodic cleansing could minimize exposure of these potential carcinogens to the colon wall.