One colonic irrigation session including consultationColon hydrotherapy and comprehensive consultation with professional colon hydrotherapist registered with RICTAT and ARCH at the Parkland Natural Health Clinic in the centre of London.
Aftercare advice for colonic patients
You should feel fine after colonic hydrotherapy treatment, and not experience any unwanted side-effects; there are a few simple measures to follow:
- Follow any specific advice on diet, supplements, exercise, etc. given to you by your practitioner.
- Don't overeat. Eat simply cooked or raw food, and chew well. A diet rich in fruit and vegetables (especially leafy) will add to the cleansing effect and help to regulate bowels.
- Don't eat red meat (beef, lamb, pork and game) every day; white meat and fish and vegetarian meals are much easier to digest.
- Eat only whole grains, e.g. brown rice, wholemeal flour, NOT refined e.g. white flour products, pasta.
- Avoid lots of mucus-forming foods like refined grains, dairy products and eggs.
- A small amount of water is absorbed during the colonic treatment, and you may notice an increased need to urinate. This is normal, and will subside quickly.
- Drink plenty of fluids. If your digestion is weak, don't drink with meals or for 30 minutes before or 1 hour after meals. Avoid alcohol for at least 48 hours.
- You may experience some flatulence and bowel sounds - this is due to the bowel bacteria multiplying back up to strength for up to 48 hours after treatment. Probiotic supplements/foods may be useful, and the fruit and vegetables will help.
- If griping occurs, drink hot Peppermint, Fennel or Chamomile infusions, and avoid cold drinks, carbonated drinks and gassy foods.
- Don't expect a bowel movement the next day: depending upon your condition, it may take several days before normal bowel movements resume.
- Avoid rigorous exercise and weight lifting for 24 hours after treatment.
- If you experience any continued discomfort, telephone your therapist.
How expensive is a Colonic irrigation?
Although cost is obviously relevant, far more important is your health. A knowledgeable colonic therapist can help you on the road to vital health.
What is colonic irrigation?
Also known as a "Colonic", "colon lavage", colon hydrotherapy", or "high Colonic", Colonic irrigation is a safe, effective method for cleansing the colon of waste material by repeated, gentle flushing with water.
The colon, or large intestine, is the end portion of the human digestive tract (food carrying passageway extending from the mouth to the anus). "K" and portions of the vitamin "B" complex.
What is the purpose of having a colonic?
Waste material, especially that which has remained in the colon for some time, (i.e. impacted faeces, dead cellular tissue, accumulated mucous, parasites, worms, etc.), poses several problems. First this material is quite toxic (poisonous). These poisons can re-enter and circulate in the blood stream making us feel ill, tired or weak. Second, impacted materials impair the colon's ability to assimilate minerals and bacteria- produced vitamins. And finally, a build up of material on the colon wall can inhibit muscular action causing sluggish bowel movements, constipation, and the result of these disorders.
What conditions can be treated?
- Atonic (sluggish) colon
- Colitis in remission
- Diverticulosis (i.e Diverticulitis in remission)
- Leaky gut
- Headache, toxic
- Mucous colitis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parasitic infections
- Skin problems: eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, acne, etc.
- Urinary urgency in females
This condition is prevalent in all civilised societies, and particularly in the UK. Common signs include: headaches, backaches, constipation, fatigue, bad breath, body odour, irritability, confusion, skin problems, abdominal gas, bloating, diarrhoea, sciatic pain, and so forth. But the colon isn't the only organ of elimination, what makes the colonic irrigation so important? While the lungs, skin, kidneys and liver also serve to eliminate toxins, people have experienced throughout history that when they ensure that the colon is cleansed and healed, the well-being of the whole body is greatly enhanced. Colonic irrigation has been found to be the most effective process available to accomplish this work quickly and easily.
What makes a Colonic so special?
In a 45 minute session the filtered water is used to gently flush the colon. Through appropriate use of massage, pressure points, etc., the colon therapist is able to work loose and eliminate far more toxic waste than any other short-term technique.
What will Colonics do to the colon?
Specifically, a colonic irrigation is used to accomplish the following:
- Cleanse the Colon
- It Exercises the Colon Muscles
- It Reshapes the Colon
- It Stimulates Reflex Points
It sounds like a Colonic irrigation may be good for me, but will it be painful?
It rarely is. Usually, painful experiences are the result of resistance and tension. A professional colonic irrigation therapist is skilled at putting you at your ease and minimising discomfort. Most people actually enjoy the Colonic and are especially pleased with the unaccustomed sensation of feeling lighter, clean and clear afterwards.
Is it embarrassing to have a Colonic irrigation?
No, you will fully maintain your personal dignity. You will be in a private room with only your therapist, who fully appreciates the sensitivity of the Colonic irrigation procedure and will help you feel at ease. Your emotions will be acknowledged and honoured. After the gentle insertion of a small tube into the rectum, you are completely covered. Rubber tubing carries clean water in and waste out in a gravity pressured system.
Is there anything I need to do to get ready for a Colonic irrigation?
Since your abdomen will be massaged it is a good idea to eat or drink lightly in the 2 hours immediately preceding a Colonic irrigation. Also helpful, but not essential, emptying the rectum with a bowel movement just prior to the Colonic irrigation saves time and permits more to be accomplished.
And what can I expect afterwards?
Most likely, you'll feel great. Probably you'll feel lighter and enjoy a sense of well-being. Not infrequently, someone having their first Colonic irrigation will remark that it was one of the most wonderful experiences of their life. As soon as the Colonic irrigation is finished you can carry on with daily routine. For some, the Colonic irrigation may trigger several subsequent bowel movements for the next few hours, but there won't be any uncontrollable urgency or discomfort. It's also possible you may feel light-headed or chilled for a few moments following a Colonic irrigation.
Are Colonics dangerous in any way?
Being an essentially natural process, there is virtually no danger with a Colonic irrigation. Our intent is to provide a safe and healthy service so that you do not have to worry. Cleaning and sterilisation of the necessary equipment is done as normal procedure and clean linen is used for each Colonic irrigation as well.
Will a Colonic irrigation make me constipated or give me diarrhoea?
The most frequent post-Colonic experience is to have a slight delay in bowel movements and then a resumption of a somewhat larger, easier to move stool. Sometimes if the colon is weak and sluggish, there may be no bowel movement for several days following a Colonic irrigation. However this is not due to the Colonic irrigation, but rather to the weakness of the colon, and should be interpreted as an indication that the colon requires strengthening and healing. Very infrequently diarrhoea or loose bowels may be experienced. This could be due to the extra water introduced into the colon or to the stirring up of toxic waste. If this should occur, it is usually of very short duration. However, since severe diarrhoea dehydrates the body, it must be carefully monitored.
Suppose I have been suffering from constipation for a long time, will Colonic irrigation help?
We want to state that constipation can be successfully treated with natural, harmless techniques, including the use of Colonic irrigation. Constipation is one of what may be termed "civilised man's diseases". There are three factors involved in having a well functioning colon: diet, exercise and attitude. All three must be in balance for the colon to function well. Often, however, because the colon has been sluggish for so long, it has become severely weakened due to being constantly bathed in toxic waste, stretched from holding excessive amount of stools, and frequently, constricted by chronic tension in the colon. The process of Colonic irrigation is excellent for cleansing and healing the colon sufficiently so that changes in diet, exercise, and attitude are then able to produce their effects. Many people find the relief provided by Colonic irrigation stimulates the motivation and enthusiasm to institute positive changes in their lifestyle.
Some people say that Colonics wash out intestinal flora and valuable nutrients. Is this so?
The truth is that the washing out of putrefied material in the large intestine, increases the good intestinal flora. Good bacteria can only breed in a clean environment, which has been washed free of putrefaction and its accompanying harmful bacteria. This is why the intestines of a newborn baby immediately begin to grow good intestinal flora. Each time you clean out the putrefying rubbish and make a better environment for the good flora, they start to multiply immediately in their natural media. It also stands to reason that valuable nutrients can better be absorbed in a clean environment than in a putrefied one.
How long does a Colonic take?
Probably 90% of all Colonics take about 45 minutes. It could also be shorter or longer than that, based upon the judgement of the therapist and sometimes, the wishes of the client. There will also be about 15 minutes required before the Colonic for the therapist to go over your medical history, another 15 minutes should be allowed for changing. On a first Colonic irrigation you should expect to spend 90 minutes at the clinic.
Is there a special kind of water used for Colonic irrigation?
We use highly filtered water, which passes through separate filters before being heated to the correct temperature. This kind of water is capable of absorbing and flushing more toxins out of the colon because of its drawing effect on solid particles, chemicals and other matter. Tap water is not used because it already has numerous chemicals and inorganic substances present.
Will it be all right to eat after having a Colonic irrigation?
We suggest that you eat at your normal mealtime, and consume a moderate amount of whatever seems gentle and nourishing to you. Just as it doesn't make sense to have you car cleaned and then immediately drive it through mud, eating a meal known to cause trouble in your abdomen directly after a Colonic irrigation isn't an intelligent choice. Salads, vegetable soups or broths, fruit, or juices are the best choice.
Will one Colonic completely empty the colon?
Almost never. Firstly, many of us have a considerable amount of impacted faeces in our colon. These is hardened, rubbery or wallpaper like material. Substantial work must be done to remove it. Secondly, there is a subtle learning process involved in receiving Colonics. As you become more aware of what is going on in your abdomen, and as your body learns how to allow the cleansing experience, you are better able to enter into that process, and therefore more material is released. One Colonic irrigation will remove some of the stagnant waste in the colon. The second and subsequent Colonics will remove more. How many you may wish to have will depend upon your personal objectives.
How will I know when the colon is empty?
It will probably never be completely empty, as it’s an organ in continuous use. As more of the old impacted material is released you will actually feel the water enter higher regions of the colon without any sense of obstruction. The objective should not be an empty colon, but rather a well functioning colon.
Will a Colonic irrigation clear up my skin?
Your skin actually "breathes" and is an important organ of elimination of waste material. Sometimes, if the colon, liver or kidneys are functioning poorly, the skin will be required to make up the difference. Surface eruptions on the skin of various sorts may occur due to toxins being released. Cleansing and healing the colon diminishes the burden placed upon the skin as well as the other organs of elimination: lungs, liver and kidneys. As elimination is accomplished through its proper channels, the skin will very often clear up.
- The part of an internal organ that pushes through an opening in the organ's wall.
- After recent abdominal surgery since the administering of this procedure initiates peristalsis and the use of the abdominal muscles may aggravate sutures and the healing of the incision. A minimum of 12 weeks should pass after surgery, and must be prescribed by physician.
- Distension - Bloating or swelling of the abdomen
ACUTE LIVER FAILURE
- A disorder that is sudden and severe but lasts only a short time
- Not enough red blood, red blood cells, or haemoglobin in the body
- A bulging out of part of the wall of a blood vessel
- Cancer of any type
- If a client/user has had cardiac surgery or has been diagnosed with a heart condition such as uncontrolled hypertension of congestive heart failure, or other heart conditions.
- Causes inflammation in the small intestine) (The inflammation can cause pain and can make the intestines empty frequently, resulting in diarrhoea
- Irritation of the colon
- Filtering of the blood to assist the kidneys
- (A condition that occurs when small pouches in the colon (diverticula) become infected or irritated)
- Diverticulosis - A condition that occurs when small pouches(diverticula) push outward through weak spots in the colon)(Medication can usually control condition)
- (Diverticulum - A small pouch in the colon. These pouches are not painful or harmful unless they become infected or irritated.)
- (An abnormal passage between two organs or between an organ and the outside of the body)
- (Caused when damaged tissues come into contact with each other and join together while healing)
- When a client/user has a flow of bright red from the rectum/anus
- (A surgical procedure to remove haemorrhoids) A Doctor's Release should be obtained a minimum of 12 weeks after removal of haemorrhoids.
- A hole/rupture
- (An autoimmune disease in which a person's immune system attacks various organs or cells of the body) Lupus Patients have been noted to have colon perforations occur from the disease and the use of colonic irrigation/enemas can irritate the colon/bowel further.
- Colonic irrigation/enemas are contraindicated during the first and the last trimester of pregnancy. May be prescribed by OB/GYN Physician as an enema just prior to childbirth.
- After recent rectal surgery. Must be prescribed after a minimum of 12 weeks.
- Insufficient excretion of wastes by the kidneys
- If a Physician has ever diagnosed your client/user with any intestinal conditions, or if your client's/user's have been on any medications, which may weaken their intestinal walls, your client/user should obtain a doctor's release. If your client's/user's are currently taking medication for Any condition diagnosed by a Physician, your client/user should check with their Physician to ensure the medication will not be interfered with the additional water intake and absorption.
Treatment package must be paid for on initial consultation to qualify for discount
Colonic irrigation can also help with symptoms such as:
Acne, psoriasis and other skin problems, Asthma, allergies, persistent runny nose and colds, Anxiety, depression and irritability, Arthritis, Bladder Infections, Bloated stomach and wind, Candida, Cellulite, Chronic fatigue syndrome, Constipation, Fluid retention, Food allergies, Halitosis (bad breath), Headaches and sinus problems, Haemorrhoids, Indigestion, Insomnia, Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), Lethargy, Menstrual problems, pre-menstrual syndrome, Poor memory, Weakened immune system, Weight problems.
Clients have noticed different health improvements such as:
- Lifting of spirits
- Improved sleep
- Improved weight control
- Improved skin condition
- Balancing of mood swings
- Improved sex drive
- Improved digestion
- Decrease in heartburn and indigestion
- Regular and improved bowel movements
These are just some of the benefits of colonic irrigation which celebrities like Lisa Snowdon have enjoyed and endorse. Many people have undergone the process and will testify to its benefits, whether it is improved weight control, higher spirits or a better skin condition. If you are suffering from any of the symptoms above then colonic irrigation should certainly be a consideration.
Thank you for the colonic irrigation session on Monday evening - I feel much better as a result.
I have bought the probiotics as you recommended.
Many thanks and best wishes,*
Customers Who Viewed This Item, Also Bought
£400.00 if booked on-line
£150.00 if booked on-line
£107.10 if booked on-line
£80.10 if booked on-line
£389.00 if booked on-line
£76.50 if booked on-line
£639.00 if booked on-line
£1 044.00 if booked on-line
£202.50 if booked on-line
£199.00 if booked on-line
£80.10 if booked on-line
£270.00 if booked on-line
£140.00 if booked on-line
£80.10 if booked on-line